CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
We have extended the Abstract Submission date.
To be considered for an oral or poster presentation, please submit your abstract to email@example.com by 9th September 2019. Shortly after this closing date, the organising committee will meet to decide on the successful oral and poster presentations.
Submissions for poster presentations will remain open until 17th October 2019. Please submit your abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org The organising committee will consider and advise on poster abstracts submitted after 10th September on a regular basis.
Bayes on the Beach invites submissions of abstracts on all topics related to Bayesian statistics, including computational, theoretical, methodological and applied research.
All accepted abstracts will be presented at the meeting either as oral or poster presentations – as determined by the Organising Committee.
As there are only approximately 10 oral talks, the majority of presentations will be delivered as posters. There are two dedicated evening sessions for the posters, which are often a highlight of the conference. The poster sessions provide a valuable opportunity for presenters to showcase their research.
If you would like to be considered to conduct a tutorial or one-hour workshop – please contact email@example.com
- All abstracts must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The closing date for abstract submission is now 9th September 2019 for Oral presentations and 17th October 2019 for Poster presentations.
- The abstracts are limited to 250 words and please submit only one abstract per presenting author. Please refer to the attached bob-abstract-template.
- Please include title, presenter’s name, e-mail and affiliation in the abstracts. Please provide author names in full (e.g. John Smith), and bold name of presenting author in abstract submission
- Abstract submissions in Word document would be preferable. However, pdf submissions are also accepted, ideally with an accompanying text file
- If you would only like to be considered for a poster presentation, please mention this in your abstract submission
- The organising committee will review all submitted abstracts and inform presenting authors of the decision (oral session, poster session, rejection) shortly after the deadline for abstract submission
- Presenters MUST be registered for the meeting within two weeks of their presentation being confirmed. Presenters with accepted abstracts who fail to register within this time frame will not have their abstract(s) published in the abstract book
- All abstracts and presentations must be in English
Oral presentation guidelines
- Oral presentations are scheduled for 20 minutes (plus 5-10 minutes for questions)
- The presentation must be prepared in PDF or Powerpoint format
- Once the conference has concluded, a copy of your presentation will be added to the Bayes on the Beach website (please advise with your submission if you prefer not to have your presentation added to this site)
Poster presentation guidelines
- Poster presentations are hard-copy format only
- Poster presenters are required to stand by the poster during the scheduled poster session to answer questions from attendees
- Posters should be no larger than size A0
- Could we please have portrait posters
We would like to acknowledge and thank our sponsors for this event:
- Bayesian Statistics Section of the Statistical Society of Australia. (SSA)
- ARC Centre of Excellence for Mathematical & Statistical Frontiers (ACEMS)
- Queensland University of Technology (QUT)
- Bayesian Research & Applications Group (BRAG)
- Australasian Chapter of the International Society for Bayesian Analysis (ISBA)